Apex Legends is the newest, already successful Battle Royale game from the developers of Titanfall, Respawn Entertainment. In a little less than two weeks since it came out, Apex Legends managed to attract more than 25 million players worldwide. Recently, Respawn Entertainment rolled out the Apex Legends Update 01, the first update for the game, which comes with special Valentine’s Day content, bug fixes, and more.
This Apex Legends Update 01 brought some Valentine’s Day content elements, including the “Shot Through The Heart” skin for the Longbow DRM and the “Love Of The Game” Pathfinder banner frame. Both these items would be available until February 19th. Also, you can now earn the “Live Die Live” reward badge if you revive a teammate anytime until February 19th.
Besides these new additions, Apex Legends Update 01 comes with several bug fixes, such as for that which cause some issues in the King’s Canyon map. In addition to that, Apex Legends Update 01 rewarded PlayStation 4 players who grabbed the PlayStation Plus Play Pack with new cosmetics.
Apex Legends Update 01 Release Notes
- Added “Live Die Live” Banner Badge: Revive a member of your squad between 2/13 and 2/19 to earn this limited time badge.
- Added Valentines Day cosmetic items to the store. They will be live and available in the store starting 2/13 until 2/19, and then they’re gone!
- “Through the Heart” Longbow Epic DMR skin
- “Love of the Game” Pathfinder banner frame
Stability / Bugs / Performance / Quality of Life
- Various improvements and tweaks to UI.
- Extended the timeout that was causing players with slower hard drives to crash.
- Addressed a number of client and server stability issues.
- Fixed exploit where you could keep duplicating items in your inventory.
- Addressed a number of stability and performance issues.
- Fixed issue where players would get a gray screen in the lobby when connecting for the first time.
- Fixed issue where your friends’ list showed all your friends as offline and unable to party.
- Shortened duration of Bloodhound’s Eye of the Allfather clones to remain in the world by 1 second.
- Arc Star now displays a grenade warning indicator.
- Addressed a number of bugs with map geo like holes you could fall through and areas that players could get stuck in plus a bunch of other polish issues.
PlayStation Plus Play Pack
- Art updated for the PlayStation Plus Play Pack to the Flatline skin and Banner Card and changed the names to Deep Blue. This will affect all players that already have been rewarded the skins as well.
As a passionate gamer since the 1990s, Vadim has kept his passion alive since then, and he is here to cover video games news, as well as to share with you all the novelties out there regarding gadgets or games-related tech.