If you possess a MacBook, but you’re bored of using macOS, then you should note that it is possible to install Windows on MacBook. Here’s how to install Microsoft’s most popular OS on Apple’s laptops.
How to install Windows on MacBook
First, you should download the Windows Disk Image. Find a source you can download Windows 10 disk image (ISO file) from and then follow next steps to install Windows on MacBook:
- Choose the Windows 10 edition you want by clicking the “Select Edition” box then confirm
- Choose the language then confirm it
- Select 32-bit Download or 64-bit
- After the downloading process is completed, you will find the Windows 10 Disk Image (ISO file) stored in the Download folder of your MacBook
- Launch Boot Camp Assistant
- After finding Boot Camp Assistant and clicking on it follow these steps:
Click continue once the Boot Camp Assistant opens
- You will see the Windows 10 ISO file on the new page that opens. Choose the file and open it
- Format the size of Windows 10 by dragging the partition between macOS and Windows. Make some adjustments depending on your needs. When done, click the Install/Format button on the bottom-right corner
- Your MacBook will reboot into Windows 10 setup after the installation process is done
- Install and set up Windows 10
All is left to do is to follow the on-screen prompts. The first thing you will need to answer to is the language. After that, the product key will be requested. Click “I don’t have a product key” if you do not have one, and follow the next steps:
- Click Next after selecting Drive 0 Partition X
- Choose Customize Your Installation or Express Settings
- Click Next after you create an account by typing a password and a username
- Click Not Now if you prefer not using Cortana, the personal assistant
- Click next on the “Welcome To The Boot Camp Installer”
- Click Install after reading and ticking the accept box in the License Agreement screen
And that’s everything you should do to install Windows on MacBook.
As a passionate gamer since the 1990s, Vadim has kept his passion alive since then, and he is here to cover video games news, as well as to share with you all the novelties out there regarding gadgets or games-related tech.