A Fitbit (fitness tracker) is pretty different compared to a smartwatch. While a fitness tracker was designed to keep track of a person’s health and exercise, a smartwatch will also keep you connected by sending notifications and updates. In other words, both a Fitbit and a smartwatch can monitor your health and physical exercise.
So maybe you’re new to technology, and you’re not fully aware of the basics regarding Fitbit devices. Let’s say your mother or father has bought you one as your birthday gift, and you like it very much. But still, you don’t know the exact model. In this case, we’re here to help!
How to find out the model of your Fitbit: the easy way
There are simple ways to try to find out the model your Fitbit has without going too techie. First, you need to check for the box of your Fitbit device, as the model name should be written there. If that doesn’t solve the issue, you can head over to eBay, Aliexpress, or whatever eCommerce website from where you’ve bought your Fitbit device and see the shopping history. The title itself should reveal the full name of the Fitbit model that interests you.
Find out the model of your Fitbit with a little ‘tech magic’
Now’s the time for amateurs to step aside, as it’s time to try to find out the name of your Fitbit’s model in a bit more sophisticated ways.
Use the Fitbit app
Anybody knows how to use an app nowadays, and there is one dedicated to Fitbit devices that works on both Android and iOS. Once you get the software from either the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store, feel free to follow these steps:
- Open the Fitbit app and select the profile icon that appears in the top left corner area.
- The device that’s connected to your account should appear with its complete model name.
- If you need the model number of the Fitbit device instead of the model name, all you have to do is search on Google using the following formula: Fitbit Device Name plus the Model Number.
Use the Fitbit device
If by using the app, you couldn’t solve the mystery, it’s time to try to find out the model number by using the Fitbit device itself. However, if your Fitbit device is not connected to your phone, the app won’t work as you wish. Instead, try out this method:
- Open your Fitbit device and swipe left to locate the apps region.
- Select the Settings menu.
- Scroll down until you find About, and select it.
- On the page that appears, hit the Regulatory info option.
- The model number should appear at the top. A model number instead of the model name will emerge.
- By searching the model number via Google, you will get the model name of your Fitbit.
Check the product page of your Fitbit
If all the other methods fail, you can also check the product page of your Fitbit to find out the model. This can be the easiest method after all, although you need to carefully observe the provided images in order to say for sure which one is your Fitbit.
Let’s say you just got a new Fitbit, and you wish to sell the old one to make some dough, as you no longer need it anyway. In this case, knowing the exact model of the previous Fitbit device is also a ‘must,’ so there’s no use neglecting this part.
Tim M. Hill helped bring Digital-Overload from a weekly newsletter to a full-fledged news site by creating a new website and branding. He continues to assist in keeping the site responsive and well organized for the readers. As a writer to Digital-Overload, Tim mainly covers mobile news and gadgets.