In the upcoming Pokemon Go event which would start later today, Pokemon GO players have the chance to grab two Legendary Pokemon, namely, Kyogre and Groudon, along with two new shiny versions of Taillow and Zigzagoon.
The so-called Pokemon Go Hoenn event is focusing on the monster of the Hoenn region, which will appear more often during raids. The event would start at 1 PM PST, and it would also bring other new features to the game.
Accordingly, besides Legendary Pokemon Kyogre and Groudon and shiny versions of Taillow and Zigzagoon, during the Pokemon Go Hoenn event, coaches can evolve Shroomish into Breloom which can learn the Grass Knot special move.
Pokemon Go Hoenn Event Brings Legendary Pokemon Kyogre and Groudon, Plus Two Shiny Versions of Taillow and Zigzagoon
“We’re kicking off the new year with a brand-new celebration! Starting on January 15 at 1 PM PST and going until January 29 at 1 PM PST, Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region will be appearing more frequently in the wild. Plus, if you evolve Shroomish into Breloom during the event, it will know the exclusive move Grass Knot,” said Niantic in the official blog post announcing the Pokemon Go Hoenn event.
According to the Niantic blog post on Pokemon Go Live portal, the new Pokemon Go Hoenn event would come with the next features:
- Pokemon initially discovered in the Hoenn region will appear more frequently in the wild.
- Field Research will highlight Pokemon originally discovered in the Hoenn region.
- Raid Battles will include Pokemon discovered initially in the Hoenn region, such as the Legendary Pokémon Kyogre and Groudon.
- Pokemon originally discovered in the Hoenn region will have an increased chance of hatching from 7 km Eggs.
- If you evolve Shroomish into Breloom, it will know the exclusive move Grass Knot!
- You’ll have a chance of encountering Shiny Zigzagoon and Shiny Taillow!
- New avatar items inspired by Team Magma and Team Aqua – the original villains of the Hoenn region in Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire – will be available in the Style Shop.
As a passionate gamer since the 1990s, Vadim has kept his passion alive since then, and he is here to cover video games news, as well as to share with you all the novelties out there regarding gadgets or games-related tech.