The latest balance changes in League of Legends’ PBE target five champions: Illaoi, Udyr, Malphite, Pyke, and Wukong. We already know most of Wukong’s and Malphite changes, as they have been tested and tweaked in the past 2 PBE patches, and they’ve entered 9.13 PBE with some different stats.
As we’ve mentioned in our 9.13 sneak peek here, Pyke is now being tested in PBE with some changes, along with Illaoi and Udyr. Let’s check out the new numbers and additions below.
Before we look at the latest balance update in 9.13 PBE, we should also mention a few things about the new champion Qiyana, and the new game mode called Teamfight Tactics. In short, Qiyana is in 9.13 PBE, and Teamfight Tactics (TFT) will also reach PBE by June 18. Check out all of Qiyana’s abilities and stats here and TFT here.
9.13 PBE Balance Changes
Passive – Prophet of an Elder God
- [New] – 60% AP ratio
W – Harsh Lesson
- [New] Now tells players that it does 20/30/40/50/60 minimum damage
- [Removed] “bonus damage […] against monsters is capped at 300”
E – Test of Spirit spirit pull duration lowered to 8 (from 10)
Udyr’s all spells gain a 6th rank that starts at level 16 – so each ability gets a little more power in late game:
Passive – Monkey’s Agility
- updated to show “Udyr’s abilities can gain a 6th rank,” will now show stance mana costs decrease.
Q – Tiger Stance
- base damage added for last level – 180
- AD changed to 115/130/145/160/175/190% (from 120/135/150/165/180%)
W – Turtle Stance
- shield strength – 6th level added – 235
W- Bear Stance
- bonus movement speed added for level 6: 40%
R – Phoenix Stance
- cone damage increased to 50/95/140/185/230/275 (from 40/80/120/160/200)
- damage per second added for the last level – 60%
Most of the changes in 9.12 PBE have been transferred to the 9.13 PBE cycle, with a few tweaks that are underlined.
Apart from several cosmetic changes like his shield glowing when it regenerates and size scaling, here are the new stats and what has been removed.
Passive – Granite Shield
- at ~700 Armor his growth cap will stop
Q – Seismic Shard
- Movement speed steal decreased 20/25/30/35/40% (from 14/17/20/23/26%)
- Speed duration reduced to 3 seconds (from 4 seconds)
W – Thunderclap (was called Brutal Strikes)
- mana cost increased to 35 (from 25)
- Initial hit AP ratio lowered to 20% (from 40%)
- Initial hit armor ratio lowered to 15% (from 20%)
- “On cast, Malphite resets his auto attack and deals 30/45/60/75/90 bonus Physical damage, scaling with 1.5 armor and 0.20 AP”
- “Malphite’s auto attacks create ‘aftershocks’ for the next 5 seconds.” [aftershock duration lowered by 1 second] They look and work like Titanic Hydra and deal 10/20/30/40/50 physical damage to “all enemies in range of the cone, scaling with 0.1 armor and 0.2 AP“
E – Ground Slam
- mana cost lowered to 40/45/50/55/60 (from 50/55/60/65/70)
R – Unstoppable Force
“Malphite’s Base Skin now features an impact crater. IT CAN’T BE STOPPED!”
Passive – Gift of the Drowned Ones
- [Moves to W] “If Pyke cannot be seen by enemies, he will rapidly generate 30-81% of damage he has recently taken from champions, up to 80 (+800% bonus AD)”
Q – Bone Skewer
- damage increased to 80/140/200/160/320 (from 75/125/175/225/275)
- damage from tapping Q and holding Q have the same value
- cooldown decreased to 12/11/10/9/8 (from 14/12.5/11/9.5/8)
W – Ghostwater Dive
- [Moves from the Passive] “If Pyke cannot be seen by enemies, he will rapidly generate 35/40/45/50/55% of damage he has recently taken from champions, up to 80 (+800% bonus AD)”
- Movement speed changed to [40/45/50/55/60% (decaying to 0% over 5 seconds)] – from [40% (decaying to 0% over 5 seconds)]
Passive – Strength of Stone
[New] Crushing Blows
- When Wukong or one of his clones damages an enemy champion, they apply a stack of Crushing Blows to that target, and they will take 4% increased damage from Wukong and his clones for each stack of Crushing blows – up to 5 stacks. Each stack applied will have a larger VFX
[Redesigned] Stone Skin
- When 3+ enemy champions are visible within 1400 units, Wukong gains Armor and MR equal to 20 + 2 per level + 0.2*his bonus Armor/MR respectively. Bonuses last for 6s and renew if enemies remain near.
- Damage amp no longer affects structures and no longer increases true damage (they were not intended)
Q – Wuju Strike (was called Crushing Blow)
- Mana cost lowered to 25/30/35/40/45 (from 70/75/80/85/90)
- [New] Wukong gets 125 range on his next AA after he casts any spell
- Damage changed to [20/35/50/65/80 (+20% AD) bonus magic damage] – from [10-130 (+0.4 AD) bonus physical damage]
- Heals for 20/30/40/50/60 (+0.25 AD) health (half when hitting minions)
- [Removed] Armor shred
W – Warrior Trickster
- Clone created now attacks nearby enemies dealing 50% of Wukong’s damage (no longer explodes)
- Clone lifespan increased to 5/3/3.5/4/4.5 (invisibility duration for Wukong remains the same).
- After Wukong creates a clone and you press ‘S,’ the clone looks identical to the real Wukong
- Dash range when casting W increased to 200u (from 100u)
- CD reduced to 16/14/12/10/8s (from 18/16/14/12/10s)
- CD starts on clone death, not on clone creation
- “Now casts in the direction of the cursor, rather than going off Wukong’s facing”
- “Now goes through thin walls”
- Clone gets both the E Attack Speed buff and the Q on next hit buff if Wukong has it when he casts W”
E – Nimbus Strike
- Wukong’s clones become interactable, and they look just like Wukong, and you can interact with them like you do with another unit. Enemies won’t know which is the right Wukong.
- Clones can block
- AD ratio lowered to 0.5 (from 0.8)
- Now checks for secondary targets in a much larger area around the primary target.
R – Cyclone
You can cancel the ult if you cast another spell to easily chain spells together or to just end the ult faster.
“R CD now starts immediately so Presence of Mind works with it. Can still be cancelled by reactivating the R though.”
Check back for more balance changes in the League of Legends Public Beta Environment.
For more information on skins, summoner icons and miscellaneous, check out Surrender at 20‘s in-depth article.
Sonia Theo has been writing for more than 15 years, first starting with fantasy stories. She has a bachelor’s degree in English and German, and one in Arts and Design. In the past years, her interests in gaming and tech news grew, so she started writing articles, guides and reviews for players. In her spare time, you’ll see Sonia playing WoW, crafting decorations and jewelry, or walking her dog. For Digital Overload, Sonia Theo will cover all things tech and gaming, delivering fresh updates on your favorite games.