As Rockstar games announced earlier this week, Red Dead Redemption 2 Online would launch today, November 27th, 2018. Before the emergence of the Red Dead Online multiplayer component, the devs disclosed some details about it.
According to the latest rumors, Red Dead Online would be available on the next dates:
- Tuesday, Nov. 27 – All Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition owners. You have to redeem the Ultimate Edition code in the packaging to be eligible;
- Wednesday, Nov. 28: everybody who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on launch day (Oct. 26), according to Rockstar’s data;
- Thursday, Nov. 29: everybody who played Red Dead Redemption 2 between Oct. 26-29, according to Rockstar’s data;
- Friday, Nov. 30: everybody else who owns Red Dead Redemption 2;
“Starting this week, you can ride with friends in a Posse, set up your Camp, embark on cooperative story-based missions or go head-to-head in competitive series, find strangers throughout the world to help (or hurt), tackle spontaneous Free Roam challenges, go hunting, fishing, bond with your horse, explore with friends or on your own (but look out for ambushes), and much more,” said the team behind the Red Dead Redemption 2.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Online Beta – 5 Things To Know About It
Here are five things to know about Red Dead Online, according to Polygon:
- Shootout & Team Shootout – A classic gunfight modes with unlimited lives. Compete to rack up the most kills before the timer runs out. Sudden death will trigger in the event of a tie: whoever gets the first kill wins;
- Make it Count – A real test of resourcefulness in two game modes: use nothing but a bow and a handful of arrows or throwing knives to be the last one standing. With a gradually shrinking player area, there’s nowhere to run;
- Most Wanted: A tactical race to the top. Every kill pushes you up the scoreboard, but watch out: the closer to the top you are, the more points everyone else gets for killing you;
- Hostile Territory: Work in teams to control the land. Capture a territory to start racking up points: the team with most points wins – or you can win outright by capturing every region;
- Name your Weapon – Demonstrate your specialty in this free-for-all or team-based match, the trickier the weapon you use to land the killing blow, the more points you get;
As a passionate gamer since the 1990s, Vadim has kept his passion alive since then, and he is here to cover video games news, as well as to share with you all the novelties out there regarding gadgets or games-related tech.