Kodi is one of the most popular video players and streaming platforms out there. Even though it’s a freeware, Kodi comes with many handy features and content across almost every operating system, including mobile ones such as Android and iOS. Now, the new Kodi 18.1 “Leia” RC comes out with new features, improvements, and fixes.
Kodi is an open-source project. Therefore, many updates are available from now and then, even though not all of them come with new functions. But that’s not the case with the new Kodi 18.1 “Leia” RC release which rolls out with many new features and improvements, including some bug fixes.
Kodi 18.1 “Leia” RC – Release Notes
- Speed up Player and Playlists operations with JSON-RPC
- Define a senseful default value for advanced settings ‘updateemptytagsinterval’
- Revert edge case crash fix that caused DVDs to be not recognized on Mac OS
- Remove “dxvaallowhqscaling” advanced setting to prepare for DXVA improvements in v18.2 for Windows
- Linux X11: fix usage of required configuration values
- Add date to the log records
- Don’t react on DPI change event on Win10 >= FCU
- Fix Android MediaCodec freeze when early disposing stream
- Flush stream players if abort is requested which solves waiting too long. Skippingskip DVD screens for example
- Fix ListitemAbsolute and ListItemPosition in GUI engine
- Ignore very first “server not reachable” notification for PVR servers
- Use extended result codes for SQLite
- Fix invalid PTS decoder value which should improve MPEG2 playback on Android devices
- Update SSL CA trust store
- Handle empty vertex buffers in GUIFontTTFGL which caused a hard crash
- Reintroduce setting “Close channel OSD after switching channels” for PVR
- Fix thread logging on Android which causes issues like gettings frozen on DVD/Bluray playback
- Avoid attempt to load music info for smart playlists
- Fix Top 100 Albums regression
- RenderCapture: Only query Occlusion if GL lower 1.5
- Check current mode if whitelist doesn’t match and take the correct action
- Check if app intent is valid on Android. This fixes a hard crash when trying to open Kodi again
- Fix PVR input stream creation for PVR file items only containing a path and no recording/channel tag.
- Fix for playing VP9 streams using the input stream addon. It failed because extra codec data is not existent for this stream codec.
- Catch an exception while reading or writing a file
- Fix logical “or” operation in GUI engine
- Check the system capabilities to support sleep states S1/S2/S3/S4 before reporting them as available
- Fix crash in PCSX ReARMed with BIOS
- Several Estuary cosmetic fixes
You can download the new Kodi 18.1 “Leia” RC for almost every OS from here.
As a passionate gamer since the 1990s, Vadim has kept his passion alive since then, and he is here to cover video games news, as well as to share with you all the novelties out there regarding gadgets or games-related tech.