NEW PBE updates from April 10:
- Morgana and Zed Nerfs Revealed in PBE 9.8
- Morgana’s Nerf Gets Reverted hours later! Zed’s nerf remains.
Just a few hours ago, Riot Games’ lead designer David “Repertoir” Capurro posted on Twitter a list with the champions that will be balanced in the next League of Legends Patch. While the patch will buff a total of 13 champions, Kayle, Morgana and Zed are on the list of nerfs. Let’s check out the details in the list below.
Tentative 9.8 balance patch targets:
Singed, Fiora, Gnar, Renekton, Sejuani, Blue Kayn, Ornn, Camille, Trundle, Amumu, Cassiopeia, Jhin, Nautilus, Stormrazor, Bramble Vest
Kayle, Morgana, Zed
Coup De Grace
— David Capurro (@RiotRepertoir) April 9, 2019
The Buffs and Nerfs Right in Time for the Mid-Season Invitational
Although these changes will first be added to the League of Legends Public Beta Environment (PBE) for some testing, they will roll out right in time for the Mid-Season Invitational, meaning we might see some different changes to the meta.
There are no patch notes yet, but Repertoir announced a few details in several comments about the champions he mentioned in his first Tweet. Thankfully, Reddit user MonstrousYi has made a list with all the comments from Reportoir:
We’re looking at 9.9 buffs for Aatrox. Didn’t want to drop them on the MSI patch.
(…) I believe E is getting its charges back and R is looking to receive new stuff since the Revive is receiving changes.
- Passive Damage Increase: 10% >>> 13%
- Q CD: 16/14/12/10/8 >>> 12/11/10/9/8
- Q QoL: Amumu now follows his target up to 2000 range from where Q was cast in the event his target moves (Cleanse, Tenacity, etc.) before Amumu arrives.
I believe the team thinks she’s pretty soundly out of a position of jungle dominance and can be afforded a bit of a top lane buff.
Base AS: .625 >>> 0.644
E Mana Cost: 40/50/60/70/80 >>> 40/45/50/55/60
- W CC Duration: 1.5 >>> 2
- W Damage: 90/130/170/210/250 >>> 110/150/190/230/270
- E AS: 50% >>> 75%
- E Mana Cost: 40/45/50/55/60 >>> 40
I think it’s something like 30s off R CD.
- E Duration: 120 >>> 180
- E Recharge: 28/27/26/25/24 >>> 28/25/22/19/16
- R Damage Multiplier Based on Missing HP: 1x-3.5x >>> 1x-4x
- AD: 52 >>> 50
- Armor: 28 >>> 26
- AS Ratio: .695 >>> .667
- NEW: Passive Ranks are now based on Kayle’s level rather than skill points
- Passive Duration: .5/.75/1/1.25/1.5 (levels 1/6/11/16/18) >>> .75/1/1.25/1.5 (levels 1/6/11/16)
- Q Damage: 80/120/160/200/240 (+75%AP) >>> 100/145/190/235/280 (+90%AP)
- E Knockup: 1.25 >>> 1.5
- E Damage: 80/125/170/215/260 >>> 80/130/180/230/280
- W1 Damage: 1.5% >>> 2%
- W2 Damage: 4.5% >>> 6%
- HP5: 8 >>> 9.5
- W Slow: 40% >>> 60%
- E Cost: 80/95/110/125/140 >>> 60/70/80/90/100
No details about the changes that will come to Morgana yet. As for Zed, Repertoir said they’re still thinking how they will Nerf him:
He’s crossed the OP line. No direction determined as of yet.
Now on to the items: Stormrazor and Bramble Vest get buffed, while Coup de Grace is getting rebalanced.
Grievous Wounds Duration: 1 >>> 3
- Energized Effects AMP: 30% >>> 35%
- Energized Effects Decay: Over 1s >>> Over 1.5s
Getting rid of the part that gives temporary adaptive on takedown, and increasing the damage amp a tiny bit to offset.
Expect to see these changes in PBE today. Head to this Reddit thread and check out all the Q&A from Twitter, where Reportoir answered about other Champions getting nerfed or not, about the decision of rebalancing Kayle and more.
Sonia Theo has been writing for more than 15 years, first starting with fantasy stories. She has a bachelor’s degree in English and German, and one in Arts and Design. In the past years, her interests in gaming and tech news grew, so she started writing articles, guides and reviews for players. In her spare time, you’ll see Sonia playing WoW, crafting decorations and jewelry, or walking her dog. For Digital Overload, Sonia Theo will cover all things tech and gaming, delivering fresh updates on your favorite games.