New updates are coming from Microsoft this time to the firmware for the Surface Pro 5 and Surface Pro 6. The new firmware updates are coming with several fixes and improvements for the devices. Surface Pro 5 receives much more fixes and changes than Surface Pro 6, and you will see on the list below. If you want to download the latest firmware, go to Settings and Check for Updates. Or click on the links for download the Surface Pro 5 and Surface Pro 6 update.
The Surface Pro 5 Update
- The System Stability is improved with many, many fixes and changes to the next features on:
- Surface System 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168;
- Intel Corporation with three Host Controllers, versions number 30.100.1823.1 IO GPIO, 30.100.1823.1 IO UART, and 30.100.1823.1 IO 12C;
- Intel Systems versions 10.1.5.1, 10.1.10.2, 8.4.11000.6436, 8.4.11000.6436, 22.214.171.12427, 126.96.36.19927, 18188.8.131.521;
- Firmware 239.2638.257.0;
- Intel – HIDClass – 184.108.40.20627 and Surface – HIDClass – 23.608.139.0
- Intel – Software Component – 220.127.116.11 and Intel – Extension – 18.104.22.168;
- The Realtek Semiconductor Corp with Universal Serial Bus controllers, number 22.214.171.12439;
- Realtek – SoftwareComponent, number 0.6000.91.
- Other changes are at the GPS location service, and battery reliability through Firmware – 234.2344.769.0; the stability of the browser is fixed with version 126.96.36.19993, and the balance of the application of the music service comes with Intel (R) Corporation – System – 9.21.00.3755.
The Surface Pro 6 Update
- The next fixes improve system stability and performance:
- Intel Corporation – Display, number 188.8.131.5294;
- Intel Corporation – Extension, number 184.108.40.20693;
- Surface – System, number 220.127.116.11.
- Improvements on the battery, fix on the CPU throttling at 400 MHz, and the connection problem with the type Cover are updated with Surface – Firmware, number 239.2638.257.0;
- The display colors are improved by Surface – System, number 18.104.22.168.
Tim M. Hill helped bring Digital-Overload from a weekly newsletter to a full-fledged news site by creating a new website and branding. He continues to assist in keeping the site responsive and well organized for the readers. As a writer to Digital-Overload, Tim mainly covers mobile news and gadgets.