More and more users have reported that an incorrect name is appearing in the Skype Business address book for some time. When you have a lot of contacts for your company, this issue can become a significant and frustrating problem. We have a method for fixing this issue, but some things need to be done. You will also need to remove the proxy addresses from your Address Book as well. Let’s see how it is done.
How to Fix the Issue with Incorrect Name in Skype for Business
As we have said above, you must remove the proxy addresses from your Address Book and download a Resource Kit from Microsoft. After downloading the Resource Kit, you will change the value of Proxy Addresses entry to Proxy Addresses Tel Only, but we will explain this step by step.
- The first step is to download the Lync 2010 Resource Kit from Microsoft (you can find it above) and install it following the instructions.
- The resource kit has a tool named ABSConfig. This tool needs to be run on your Front End server that has your address books service.
- The default location of the Front End server is C:>Program Files>Microsoft Lync Server 2010>ResKit. In there you will drag the column called AD Attribute Name, and you will drop it in the proxyAddresses.
- The Type to Attribute will be modified to ProxyAddresses – Tel Only. Click on Apply Changes.
- After that, you will open the Lync Server Management Shell, and you will use the Update-CSuserDatabase –verbose for refreshing the user database. This will re-sync it right with the server.
- After that, the address book needs to be re-generated. We will use the update-CSAddressbook -verbose.
To sum up, that is all you have to do for resolving the frustrating issue with the incorrect name in Skype Business.
Earl Berg is a seasoned technology writer at Digital Overload, bringing over 10 years of experience in the tech industry to his role. Earl’s passion for technology and his knack for translating complex tech concepts into understandable language make his articles a favorite among readers. His coverage spans a wide range of tech topics, from gadget reviews and software updates to innovative breakthroughs in the tech industry. Earl is dedicated to providing his readers with honest, unique, and insightful content, always with an objective and open-minded approach. When he’s not immersed in the tech world, Earl enjoys hiking and photography.