Along with the balance changes added, we also get to test the new Mordekaiser that we saw in Voyboy’s gameplay guide. We can now check out the lovely skins for Jhin, Karma, and Shaco. Some more chromas and summoner icons have been added as well in 9.12 PBE, along with VFX updates for Amumu, Lulu, Tryndamere, and Ziggs. If you want to see them, check out the link below.
Patch 9.12 Release Date
Before going to the live client, patches usually stay in PBE for testing for about two weeks, so we should see Patch 9.12 released on 13 June. We cannot wait to see the new Dark Star skins and we hope there’s also a new login screen featuring them.
Now let’s see what’s happening with Malphite and Wukong in 9.12 PBE, and yes, we did notice Teemo is not in the list (YET). Before we take a look at the balance changes, we’ll check out the reworked Mordekaiser and see his stats.
Mordekaiser Stats and Abilities
Basic stats and bar:
Passive – Darkness Rise
- 10 – 36 (+30% AP) + (1/2/3/4/5/6% at 1/3/6/10/13/16) max health damage per second around himself
- gains (5/10% at 1/6) movement speed.
Q – Obliterate
- 9/7.75/6.5/5.25/4 sec Cooldown
- 75/95/115/135/155 (+60% AP) (+5-139) magic damage to all enemies in the area
- 120/125/130/135/140% if it hits only a single enemy
W – Indestructible
- 14/13/12/11/10 sec Cooldown
- healing for 40/42.5/45/47.5/50% of the remaining value
E – Death’s Grasp
- 24/21/18/15/12 sec Cooldown
- Passive: 5/10/15/20/25% Magic Penetration.
- Active: 80/95/110/125/140 (+60% AP) magic damage.
R – Realm of Death
- 140/120/100 sec Cooldown
Apart from several cosmetic changes like his shield glowing when it regenerates and size scaling, here are the new stats and what has been removed.
Passive – Granite Shield
- at ~700 Armor his growth cap will stop
Q – Seismic Shard
- Movement speed steal decreased 20/25/30/35/40% (from 14/17/20/23/26%)
- Speed duration reduced to 3 seconds (from 4 seconds)
W- Thunderclap (was called Brutal Strikes)
- Initial hit AP ratio lowered to 20% (from 40%)
- Initial hit armor ratio lowered to 15% (from 20%)
- “On cast, Malphite resets his auto attack and deals 30/45/60/75/90 bonus Physical damage, scaling with 5 armor and 0.20 AP”
- “Malphite’s auto attacks create ‘aftershocks’ for the next 6 seconds.” They look and work like Titanic Hydra and deal 10/20/30/40/50 physical damage to “all enemies in range of the cone, scaling with 0.1 armor and 0.2 AP“
R – Unstoppable Force
“Malphite’s Base Skin now features an impact crater. IT CAN’T BE STOPPED!”
Passive – Petricite Burst
Damage increased to [(120% AD)+(9+3 per level)+(20% AP)] – from [(100% AD)+(5+2.5 per level)+(20% AP)]
E – Abscond / Abduct
- [Changed] only shields on enemy hit.
- Shield increased to 80/120/160/200/240 (from 60/90/120/150/180)
As we’ve seen in Riot Meddler’s post from a couple of weeks ago, some of the stats and abilities are still being tested.
Passive – Strength of Stone
[New] Crushing Blows
- When Wukong or one of his clones damages an enemy champion, they apply a stack of Crushing Blows to that target, and they will take 4% increased damage from Wukong and his clones for each stack of Crushing blows – up to 5 stacks. Each stack applied will have a larger VFX
[Redesigned] Stone Skin
- When 3+ enemy champions are visible within 1400 units, Wukong gains Armor and MR equal to 20 + 2 per level + 0.2*his bonus Armor/MR respectively. Bonuses last for 6s and renews if enemies remain near.
- Damage amp no longer affects structures and no longer increases true damage (they were not intended)
Q – PLACEHOLDER NAME
- Mana cost lowered to 25/30/35/40/45 (from 70/75/80/85/90)
- [New] Wukong gets 125 range on his next AA after he casts any spell
- Damage changed to [20/35/50/65/80 (+20% AD) bonus magic damage] – from [10-130 (+0.4 AD) bonus physical damage]
- Heals for 20/30/40/50/60 (+0.25 AD) health (half when hitting minions)
- [Removed] Armor shred
W – Warrior Trickster
- Clone created now attacks nearby enemies dealing 50% of Wukong’s damage (no longer explodes)
- Clone lifespan increased to 5/3/3.5/4/4.5 (invisibility duration for Wukong remains the same).
- After Wukong creates a clone and you press ‘S’, the clone looks identical to the real Wukong
- Dash range when casting W increased to 200u (from 100u)
- CD reduced to 16/14/12/10/8s (from 18/16/14/12/10s)
- CD starts on clone death, not on clone creation
- “Now casts in the direction of the cursor, rather than going off Wukong’s facing”
- “Now goes through thin walls”
- Clone gets both the E Attack Speed buff and the Q on next hit buff if Wukong has it when he casts W”
E – Nimbus Strike
- Wukong’s clones become interactable, and they look just like Wukong, and you can interact with them like you do with another unit. Enemies won’t know which is the right Wukong.
- Clones can block
- AD ratio lowered to 0.5 (from 0.8)
- Now checks for secondary targets in a much larger area around the primary target.
R – Cyclone
You can cancel the ult if you cast another spell to easily chain spells together or to just end the ult faster.
“R CD now starts immediately so Presence of Mind works with it. Can still be cancelled by reactivating the R though.”
Other Balance Changes
The only item that has been added to balance changes today is Corrupting Potion, which is nerfed: Health lowered to 100 (from 125), Touch of Corruption damage changed – it’s 20, instead of [15 – 30].
Last but not least, here’s a short list of all the BUFFS and NERFS done for champions in ARAM:
Check back here for more balance changes in 9.12 PBE.
For more information on skins, summoner icons and miscellaneous, check out Surrender at 20‘s in-depth article.
Sonia Theo has been writing for more than 15 years, first starting with fantasy stories. She has a bachelor’s degree in English and German, and one in Arts and Design. In the past years, her interests in gaming and tech news grew, so she started writing articles, guides and reviews for players. In her spare time, you’ll see Sonia playing WoW, crafting decorations and jewelry, or walking her dog. For Digital Overload, Sonia Theo will cover all things tech and gaming, delivering fresh updates on your favorite games.