Are you a new “Simmer”? Looking for how to produce music in Sims 4? Here’s a tutorial for you.
The Sims 4: Get Famous is a popular PC/Mac game that allows players to record, upload and create tracks to gain fame. However, this game could be a bit tricky for novice (beginners), who are looking to producing dope songs and mix tracks.
To help you get started, here are some tricks and guidelines for you.
How to Produce Music in Sims 4
The Sims 4 is an exciting music-themed game, which offers you a platform to showcase your creativity in music production.
To produce music in the game, adopt one or both of the following methods:
Produce in Mix Master Music Station
This station is a feature on The Sims 4, and it’s designed to facilitate music production on the game. It can be used to remix, burn and release tracks on the game. The music station is practically the best medium for improving the media production skills of your Sims.
This station allows Sims to remix tracks, by adding beats; synthesizing sounds; adding vocals; and more. Once a track is produced, you can easily play it on the Mix Master station, before releasing it or sending it to a recording label.
Below is a quick trick to boost the media production skill of your Sims:
- Click Crtl + Shift + C
- Type in “testingcheats on” + Enter.
- In the next window, input the following commands:
- “minor_mediaproduction x 3 (4 or 5)”.
- Save changes.
Add music from local drive
Sims 4 provides you with the opportunity to add your own music to the game, which can then be remixed (if you want).
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Select and copy the Mp3 file(s) you want to add (must be < 320kbps).
- Go to Sims 4 custom music folder on your PC:
- “C:\Users\you\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Custom Music”.
- Select a desired station (folder), and paste the selected (copied) Mp3 file(s) in the folder.
- Now, launch The Sims 4.
- Enable stereo and select the target station (the previously selected station).
- Start playing your music.
There are other ways of producing music in Sims 4, but the ones herein are the common ones.
Hope you were able to produce your own music in Sims 4? Share your experience with others by dropping a comment below.
Daniel Segun is a Content Writer with over 4 years experience revolving around Technology, Digital Marketing, and Business. When he is not writing, he is probably busy building websites. You can reach him at his official website.