Even though the NBA video game series has been refreshed this year with the release of NBA 2K24, the predecessor, NBA 2K23, still has a lot to prove. For instance, Season 7 arrived for NBA 2K23 a few months ago, and it surely is worth mentioning, as it brings along some exciting tweaks.
Season 7 started for NBA 2K23 on May 9, and there is much new content material to consider: new MyCAREER apparel rewards, Invincible cards, and new Galaxy Opal in MyTEAM, a LEGO 2K Drive, new music for 2K Beats, new rewards and storylines for The W Online, and more. We can learn about what’s new in Season 7 for NBA 2K23 thanks to 2K, meaning the official source!
Season 7 patch notes
[NEW GEN] :PS5: :XBS:
• New WNBA uniform sponsor patches for the 2023 season
• These players have had general likeness updates or adjustments made: Paolo Banchero, Delon Wright, Justin Holiday, and Trendon Watford (dynamic hair update for all of them)
• Continued improvements for performance and stability and the enhancement of the overall experience in the City
• Resolved a problem in REC and Pro-Am games that could cause an errant screen wipe to appear during gameplay
• Addressed an issue causing Blackout Bingo cards to have spots with no objectives
• Fixed a hang that could occur when two player cards from the same pack get walkout reveals
• Continued stability fixes and improvements for MyNBA, MyNBA Online, and The W
• Fixed an issue preventing playoff progression from occurring when using Start Today in MyNBA.
The Season 7 soundtrack now features the following new tracks:
- Westside Webb – Progress ft. Polyester the Saint
- Action Bronson – Zambezi ft. Roc Marciano
- MASN – Crush
- Jordan Ward & Joony – IDC
- Nav – Lately
- Larry June – Private Valet
- Jay Park – MOMMAE ft. Ugly Duck
- Jay Millian – Baby (exclusively featured in NBA 2K23 for 72 hours before releasing on Spotify
- and Apple Music)
- Babyface Ray, Blxst, Nija – Spend It
- Blxst – Passionate ft. Roddy Ricch
- Blxst – Keep Calling ft. Larry June
- Benny The Butcher – Trade It All
- Roddy Ricch – Stop Breathing
The following Season Rewards and Weekly Goals are also being added to The W Online during Season 7:
- Storm Heroine Shorts
- Kyrie 4 Low
- Team Extender Boosts
- Slam Kicks Tee
- Team Resilience Boosts
- Sue Bird Heroine Jersey
- Sheryl Swoopes Tee
- Lisa Leslie Coach Card
- Mystics Logo Card
- WNBA Ball Card
- 2K Breakthrough Skin
- Kelsey Mitchell Jersey
What’s new in NBA 2K24?
NBA 2K24 has plenty of new and exciting stuff to offer, and perhaps the main improvement is represented by the introduction of the ProPLAY technology. What ProPLAY does is that it takes the actual NBA footage and translates it into gameplay, which is a technology totally different from previous versions that relied on motion capture when they had to replicate player actions.
NBA 2K24 was released more than two months ago, around the same time when EA FC 24 came out. The latest iteration from the famous NBA basketball simulation game series is available for plenty of platforms, and it’s pretty hard NOT to have one at home that is able to run the game. That’s because NBA 2K24 is available for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/Series S, Nintendo Switch, and Windows PC.
NBA 2K23 is available for various platforms, as you can run the game on either one of the modern platforms (PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Series S), Windows PCs that are powerful enough, and Apple Arcade.
Tim M. Hill helped bring Digital-Overload from a weekly newsletter to a full-fledged news site by creating a new website and branding. He continues to assist in keeping the site responsive and well organized for the readers. As a writer to Digital-Overload, Tim mainly covers mobile news and gadgets.