A message in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate popped up last week saying that the new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 2.0.0 version would come out this week. It seems that the update rolled out today with offline gameplay improvements, new Spirits in the Shop, and many other improvements that we’ll present below.
The update is expected to bring all the required data for characters, in preparation for the game’s first slice of DLC which would add the famous Piranha Plant in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. The pre-registration from users who want to get Piranha Plant in the game ends on January 31st, tomorrow, while Nintendo confirmed that the character would come into the game in February.
The new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 2.0.0 version would prepare the “ground” for the release of the February DLC into the game. However, according to some information on a Nintendo site, Version 2.0.0 of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate launched.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 2.0.0 Release Notes
- You can now play Spirit Board with up to four players.
- Select the Spirit you want to challenge on the Spirit Board, and then go to Party → Fighter to select the number of people who will play. When playing with multiple people, you will lose the battle if any player is KO’d.
- The below Spirits will now appear in the Shop:
- Partner Pikachu
- Partner Eevee
- Dice Block
- River Survival
- Golden Dash Mushroom
- Adjusted the calculation method for Global Smash Power. (Online play requires a Nintendo Switch Online membership.)
- Added the DLC fighter Piranha Plant (Piranha Plant will become available for purchase as DLC at a later date.
- Pressing both jump buttons at the same time will now cause you to Short Hop.
- Fixed the issue where the KO score included your teammates’ KOs when Team Attack was On.
- Game-balance adjustments. You can see which fighters had specific modifications on the official website.
- Various gameplay fixes.
As a passionate gamer since the 1990s, Vadim has kept his passion alive since then, and he is here to cover video games news, as well as to share with you all the novelties out there regarding gadgets or games-related tech.