We have all been waiting for Brawl Talk to hear what the Brawl Stars dev team was up to in the past weeks and this week’s Brawl Talk did not disappoint! There’s a new Brawler coming to the game, we’ll see two skins for Penny and Nita and a few more changes. Check out the summary and the video below.
April 13: Brawl Talk
Dani (the new community manager), and Ryan have presented together the Brawl Talk.
First, let’s see who the newest Brawler is.
Rosa – the boxing Brawler that “punches plants in the face” – sorry, Spike…
- Her main attack is called Hands of Stone, which looks a little like Primo’s attack, but it is a little wider
- Her super is a shield made of tough vines that will reduce all of the damage taken
- The star power is quite impressive. Rosa comes from the jungle, so it is obvious that she will interact with nature. Her star power will let her quickly regenerate health when she is in the bushes (300 hp/second). This will make Rosa the tankiest Brawler in the game, explained Dani.
Rosa will come in the next update.
Two New Skins
Bunny Penny and Shiba Nita will also be introduced, the latter being released to celebrate Golden Week (Japanese Holiday which begins on 28 April).
No more Teaming!
To prevent teaming in Showdown, the dev team now has meteors fall onto large groups of players that are close together. Healing will also be reduced, among other changes that target teaming.
Bo gets a remodel – as promised by the team, with Ryan adding that for those that want a Crow buff, you’ll have to subscribe to the Brawl Stars YouTube channel.
Other Features Added
- There will be a “try” button for Brawlers.
- You can use Gems to change your name (50 gems for now).
- Brawl TV in-game, similar to what we saw in Clash Royale (TV Royale)
Check back here for more info on when the update will come and what else will be introduced. Here’s the Brawl Talk video on YouTube:
Sonia Theo has been writing for more than 15 years, first starting with fantasy stories. She has a bachelor’s degree in English and German, and one in Arts and Design. In the past years, her interests in gaming and tech news grew, so she started writing articles, guides and reviews for players. In her spare time, you’ll see Sonia playing WoW, crafting decorations and jewelry, or walking her dog. For Digital Overload, Sonia Theo will cover all things tech and gaming, delivering fresh updates on your favorite games.