Wall Street Journal summed it up best when it stated that “ProtonMail offers encrypted email, which makes it virtually impossible for anyone to read it except the sender and the recipient.”
ProtonMail represents the world’s largest encrypted email service, having over 2 million users. The ProtonMail secure email app is available for Android and it will deliver you an easy-to-use email encryption for your mobile device by seamlessly integrating PGP end-to-end encryption. Also, this app will provide a modern user interface with a full set of innovative features among which you can find customizable swipe gestures and the ability to send expiring emails.
Since the developers were founded by CERN scientists in 2013, the app has been used by citizens from around the globe who wanted to support its mission to protect online privacy. Their mobile app was turned into reality by a record-breaking $550,000 donation campaign. Use the ProtonMail app so that you can now create your own free ProtonMail email account and start experiencing the secure email of the future.
The reasons why you should use it
- Ensure that your emails will remain private and will not be intercepted or disclosed to third parties
- End-to-end encryption, OpenPGP compatible
- Easy-to-use: encryption is done automatically and is completely invisible to the user
- Zero-access: all messages are stored in encrypted format—not even ProtonMail can read your messages
- Open source: ProtonMail’s encryption is open to inspection by security experts from around the world
- Free: ProtonMail is 100% free, no catches. If you like our project, you can donate or upgrade to a premium account
ProtonMail can be used to create an email address with automatic PGP key creation and management. Also, you can send and receive encrypted emails and attachments in an automatic manner.
Carl Blair is just getting his start as a journalist. He attended a technical school while still in high school where he learned a variety of skills, from photography to coding. Apart from being a contributor to the site, Carl also helps keep Digital Overload social media feeds up-to-date.