A lot of people have been asking for the easiest way to join the PlayStation Party Chat on PC, but fortunately, the process can be a lot easier than it may seem at first glance. The PlayStation Party Chat is offered to all those who own a PlayStation console, as it’s a virtual place where they can meet and discuss.
Discord remains one of the best social apps to use by gamers. Many of those who are enthusiastic about certain gaming titles meet up on this app and exchange opinions with one another. The PlayStation Party Chat is now bringing some serious competition, although we must say that the app is only available for PlayStation players.
What is the PlayStation Party Chat: the basics
Before we share the process of joining the app via PC, you must keep in mind a few basic info about the software itself. Launched for the PlayStation Vita, the PlayStation Party Chat is available on both PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4. The app allows users to communicate with one another through either voice or text.
To use the PS Party Chat, you must connect your PlayStation to your PC by using the PS Remote Play app.
How to use the PlayStation Party Chat on PC
- Connect your PC to your PlayStation console
First and foremost, you need to use the PS Remote Player to connect your PlayStation console to your PC. PS Remote Player is a streaming app that allows users to play PlayStation games on a PC or Mac.
Here’s how you can connect your PC to the PlayStation console:
- Download PS Remote Play from the official page of the app.
- Head over to the Settings menu on the PlayStation console and select ‘Account Management.’ Enable ‘Active as Primary PS4.’
- Use the ‘System Software Update’ to upgrade your console’s software.
- Head over to ‘Settings’ > ‘Remote Play Connection Settings’ and enable it. The PlayStation console must be in the rest mode while you are using the Remote Play on the PC.
- Head over to Settings > Power Save Settings > Set Features Available in Rest Mode > Enable Turning on PS4 from Network.
- Start the Remote Play app on your PC. Establish the resolution and frame rate that are best for you.
- Make the connection if both your PC and PlayStation console are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Connect the PlayStation controller to the PC.
- Choose a device to connect.
- Log in by using the credentials of your console.
Start the PlayStation Party Chat on the PC
If you’ve successfully connected your PC to your PlayStation console, it’s time to learn how to start the PlayStation Party Chat itself! Here’s how:
- Start the Remote Play app, and find a microphone sign at the bottom of the display of the computer.
- Press the PlayStation button from your controller to open a Quick Menu. Select ‘Party’ from the menu.
- Choose one of the Groups that will be displayed.
- That’s all. Congrats!
There are lots of PlayStation games where players can meet and discuss with one another. You can consider Ghost of Tsushima, Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time, FIFA 22, Marvel’s Avengers, Minecraft, Borderlands 3, Rocket League, The Elder Scrolls Online, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, Overwatch, and a lot more.
One of the best things about the gaming world is that it also offers players the chance to meet new people and interact with them in a fun way! In other words, you can also hop into gaming to make friends!
Robert J. Smith is still early into his career as tech reporter but has already had his work published in many major publications including JoyStiq and Android Authority. In regards to academics, Robert earned a degree in business from Fordham University. Robert has passion for emerging technology and covers upcoming products and breakthroughs in science and tech.