Huawei devices are among the best smartphones available on the market. The Chinese brand even got more popular than Samsung and Apple at some point, which is simply amazing. Today we’ll find out the necessary steps to root any Huawei phone, but you’ll need to keep in mind that there are some downsides as well.
‘Why would you root a Huawei phone?,’ you might ask. The answer to that question is very simple. Rooting a Huawei smartphone will get you extra access to customizing the device in a broader way. You will also get the chance to improve the phone’s performance, and last but not least, you will have access to more features.
All the amazing benefits of rooting your Huawei phone are possible by bypassing restrictions imposed by the operating system. Those restrictions are beneficial, however, as a non-experienced user might get to accidentally damage the phone.
Disadvantages to rooting your Huawei phone
Similarly to rooting your Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G or a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G, or even an entry-level device such as the Vivo Y12s, rooting a Huawei smartphone also comes at a cost. There are disadvantages here as well, as you know what they say that you cannot have them all in life.
Here are the disadvantages of rooting your Huawei phone:
- Your phone’s warranty will be void.
- The security of your phone could get compromised.
- You might damage your phone if you don’t root it the right way.
If you’re ok with the disadvantages of rooting your Huawei device, let’s proceed with another highly-important aspect!
Mandatory and preliminary steps
Before you start the rooting process itself, it’s crucial that you won’t neglect certain steps. Therefore, make sure to perform these actions:
- Install the TWRP Recovery on your Huawei phone.
- Make sure that you have a minimum of 75% battery power available on your phone.
- Perform a complete backup of all your files. The rooting process could result in losing all of them.
- Unlock the Bootloader on your Huawei phone.
With that out of the way, you can keep in mind that there are several ways to root your Huawei phone. It’s also highly important to know that you shouldn’t use the following methods on any other device but Huawei smartphones. Otherwise, your device will get damaged.
Rooting your Huawei phone via SuperSU
Rooting your Huawei smartphone using SuperSU is perhaps the most used method. This means that you can definitely have some faith in it. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Find and download SuperSU Zip and save it to the internal storage of your Huawei device.
- Power off your phone and boot it into Recovery Mode by holding both the Volume Up button and the Power Button simultaneously.
- The TWRP screen will appear.
- Head over to Install, then select the SuperSU Zip File, and ultimately, swipe to install.
- Reboot your phone.
- That’s all! Your Huawei device should now be rooted successfully.
Rooting your Huawei phone by using Magisk
This method has a very high success rate, although it’s not as popular as the one exposed above. Feel free to try it out by following these steps:
- Find and download the Magisk Zip file and save it to the internal storage of your Huawei phone.
- Boot your Huawei phone into Recovery Mode by holding both the Volume Up and Power Button at the same time.
- The TWRP screen will appear.
- Head over to Install, then select the Magisk Zip file, and ultimately swipe to Install.
- Wait for the flashing process to initiate and finish.
- Reboot your Huawei device.
- That’s it. Your Huawei Device should now be rooted successfully.
Rooting your Huawei phone via PC
Rooting your Huawei phone with the help of your laptop/desktop PC is also possible, although it might take some time. But considering that this method also has a very high success rate of almost 100%, you should definitely not neglect it:
- Head over to OneClickRoot’s official site.
- From the list exposed, select Huawei.
- Enter the model of your Huawei device.
- Choose the version of your Android from the list and select the Next option.
- The next step is to select the Verify Device Rootable button.
- You will see the following message: “Success, your device is rootable!”.
- Select the Purchase Now button to finish the checkout.
- Congratulations! Your Huawei device should now be successfully rooted!
Rooting your Huawei device via the KingoRoot app
Rooting your Huawei device by using the powers of the KingoRoot app is the last method that we’ll be talking about in this article. Don’t worry, as the process is not complicated at all! But still, you need to carefully follow the necessary steps:
- First and foremost, you need to download the KingoRoot App and install it on your Huawei device.
- Enable the “Unknown Sources” option.
- Open the app and select the One Click Root, then confirm your option.
- Let the rooting process begin and complete.
- If any errors occur, your internet connection might be to blame.
- That’s all, congrats! Your Huawei device should now be rooted successfully!
At the end of 2022, Huawei had more than 200,000 employees working across more than 170 countries and regions around the world. The Chinese firm ranked as the world’s 23rd best employer for the year 2022, according to Forbes.
The history of Huawei smartphones started way back in 2010 and covered more than 230 devices in total if you count all the variations and regional differences. The company is still highly successful today, and some of its best phones are Huawei Note 10 Pro, Huawei Mate XS2, Huawei P40 Pro Plus, Huawei P30 Pro, and others.
Tim M. Hill helped bring Digital-Overload from a weekly newsletter to a full-fledged news site by creating a new website and branding. He continues to assist in keeping the site responsive and well organized for the readers. As a writer to Digital-Overload, Tim mainly covers mobile news and gadgets.