If you’ve seen the message “Sorry, no manipulations with clipboard allowed” on your Mac, then you’re probably aware of how frustrating it can be. But what exactly does it indicate, and more importantly, how can you quickly fix this error? Every single day, we copy and paste a wide variety of data, including but not limited to text files, video files, picture files, and more. Maintaining a smooth operation of this object is essential.
Here are three different solutions to the “Sorry, no manipulations with clipboard allowed” error that may occur on your Mac.
Method 1: Make use of Activity Monitor as an alternative to the “Sorry, No Manipulations With Clipboard Allowed Error.”
- To access the Activity Monitor, navigate to Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor.
- Simply hit the “Search” button.
- Type in pboard.
- You’ll find the pboard under the heading for Process Name.
- It should be highlighted before you click the “x” in the top panel.
- Now, press the “Force Quit” button.
Method 2: Keep your Mac updated in order to fix the “Sorry, No Manipulations With Clipboard Allowed Problem.”
- Search for the Apple icon located in the upper-left corner of the display and click on it.
- Head to the Dock and choose System Preferences.
- Now click the link that says “Software update.”
- Click on the “Upgrade Now or Restart Now” option that will appear once the update is ready for use and is available to you.
Method 3: Restart Your Mac
Restarting the computer is the recommended course of action whenever an error occurs on your Mac, like the one that you are currently experiencing, or if your device acts in an unusual manner. To do a restart, first hit the Apple icon that’s in the top-left corner of the screen. Then, from the menu that appears, select the option to Restart the device.
Have you ever experienced such an error on your Mac? If so, how did you fix it? Share your methods with us in the comments section below.
Earl Berg is a seasoned technology writer at Digital Overload, bringing over 10 years of experience in the tech industry to his role. Earl’s passion for technology and his knack for translating complex tech concepts into understandable language make his articles a favorite among readers. His coverage spans a wide range of tech topics, from gadget reviews and software updates to innovative breakthroughs in the tech industry. Earl is dedicated to providing his readers with honest, unique, and insightful content, always with an objective and open-minded approach. When he’s not immersed in the tech world, Earl enjoys hiking and photography.