If you’re one of those folks who are using GoLogin for web automation, web scraping, or some other online activities that demand IP management and anonymity, learning how to configure GoLogin proxy settings can be helpful in a few ways.
It’s not a secret that some of the websites and online services from the vast ocean of the internet restrict access based on the geographical location of the user. It is possible to bypass such restrictions and access region-restricted content or services in the same way as you would be physically located in other areas. All you need is to learn how to configure GoLogin with proxies from different countries or regions.
A lot of websites also employ IP-based blocking mechanisms to prevent scraping or automated access. But if you use GoLogin proxy settings the right way, you can circumvent such bans.
How to configure proxy settings via GoLogin
Configuring proxy settings via GoLogin might sound intimidating at first, but it’s surely no rocket science. Just feel free to follow these simple steps, and you’lll immediately see the desired results:
- Head over to the NetNut dashboard by logging in. All the various types of formats that you need will appear under the “Implementation Guidelines” tab.
- Create a new profile using the GoLogin platform
- Select Add Profile > Your Proxy, and ultimately, hit the “HTTP Proxies”
- It’s time to give it some life! At this point, you can insert data the way you want it! This means that you’ll need to fill in the Pxoxy Username, IP Address, and Port with the Country Code that you want to use, as well as the Proxy Password. As in any other case on the internet, it’s practically mandatory to use a password that is hard to guess.
- Specify a country: it’s time to replace the ‘any’ from your NetNut username with the country code (which is abbreviated as cc) of the desired Geo-location.
- For the last step, don’t hesitate to smash the ‘Create Profile’ option!
That’s all, congrats!
Configuring proxy settings via GoLogin: other important advantages
Apart from the advantages mentioned above for why configuring proxy settings via GoLogin can be helpful to you, it’s time to speak about other important ways that the process can benefit you!
Let’s say you’re a developer or quality assurance professional who needs to test how a website or app behaves when a person accesses them from other IP addresses or regions. Either way, configuring proxy settings in GoLogin can be very helpful.
A lot of people believe that there’s no such thing as privacy anymore nowadays, but we’re here to contradict them a bit. It is possible to keep your online activity private and secure by using proxies. In other words, it shall be possible to help obfuscate your real identity and protect personal info.
GoLogin will let you use more than one proxy IP, which means that it is possible to configure it to automatically spin those IPs at regular intervals. In this way, you will stay away from IP bans, rate limiting, as well as other restrictions that websites and online services try to impose. Rotating IPs can also enhance your anonymity on the internet.
Let’s also not forget about all those annoying captchas. Even though you don’t have any bad intentions when visiting a website, a captcha may occur if the devs even suspect that automated activity is involved. Simply configuring GoLogin to use proxies will get you rid of many of those annoying captcha tests.
Let’s face it: the online world works in mysterious ways, but it doesn’t have to be the same all the time! With the right tools, you can get rid of many problems!
Tim M. Hill helped bring Digital-Overload from a weekly newsletter to a full-fledged news site by creating a new website and branding. He continues to assist in keeping the site responsive and well organized for the readers. As a writer to Digital-Overload, Tim mainly covers mobile news and gadgets.