Google Chrome remains one of the most popular browsers out there, and the reasons are strong and undeniable. The app provides access to millions of webpages without much of a fuss – the speed is more than decent, the loading times are almost nonexistent, and the examples could continue forever. If you would prefer a specific webpage to appear in another language, for instance, Google Chrome won’t have any problems translating it for you due to one of its powerful features. Just right-click on the image and hit the translation function.
In other words, it was just a matter of time until extensions for Google Chrome would emerge. One of the most powerful such extensions is definitely the one called Foxy Proxy.
Chrome’s Foxy Proxy extension: helping out with the proxies
The role of the Foxy Proxy extension is simple, whether you choose to use it for Google Chrome or for another browser: the software is practically a proxy management tool. It can allow you to easily configure and switch between different proxy servers or VPN connections while you also browse the web.
Let’s talk about the geo-spoofing feature of the Foxy Proxy extension. This functionality enables users to change their IP addresses by connecting to proxy servers that have their locations in different regions or countries. Therefore, geo-restrictions imposed by specific websites and streaming services can be bypassed. In this way, you can gain access to content that’s usually blocked in your area.
How to configure the proxy settings for Chrome’s Foxy Proxy extension
If you carefully follow the necessary steps to configure the proxy settings for Chrome’s Foxy Proxy extension, we can guarantee that you won’t need all day to get the job done. Here are the steps:
- Launch the Google Chrome browser.
- From the upper right corner of your Chrome browser, you will have to select the Foxy Proxy extension.
- Select ‘Options’
- If the ‘Options’ page fails to open, it could mean that it might already be opened in another tab.
- From the ‘Options’ page, it’s time to hit the ‘Add New Proxy’ option.
- In the ‘Host or IP Adress field,’ you’ll have to enter gw.ntnt.io
- In the ‘Port’ field, you must enter 5959 (make sure not to select the ‘Save Login Credentials’ at this point)
- Hit the ‘Save’ button.
Congrats! The job should be done now! If you want to enable the Foxy Proxy extension and select the proxy setting you’ve created, you have two options:
- Select the ‘Use proxy gw.ntnt.io:5959 for all URLs’
- Select the Foxy Proxy extension from the right-hand corner of the browser window
Signing in and specifying the country
Here’s what you need to do in order to sign in and specify the country:
- Open a new browser window, and you should be invited to sign in with your NetNut username and password. From this point, you can choose your country.
- You can choose a country by entering the right country code (cc) at the username’s end.
- Automatically rotating between random countries is the way to go, and for that, you just need to replace the country code in your username with ‘any.’
Are you also tired of captchas like everybody else? It surely can be very annoying to waste time on them, especially if you know very well that you didn’t do anything wrong to be suspicious. Using proxies in some situations will surely get you rid of many pesky captcha tests.
Tim M. Hill helped bring Digital-Overload from a weekly newsletter to a full-fledged news site by creating a new website and branding. He continues to assist in keeping the site responsive and well organized for the readers. As a writer to Digital-Overload, Tim mainly covers mobile news and gadgets.